So with the perfect house in site, and no money, all we really could do was pray. I was so tired of waiting and waiting and waiting only to seem to get no where fast. My house is cold, I hate being cold. I wish I could live in Arizona or something. This winter was really bad. There were -40 temps and our pellet furnace and wood burner couldnt keep up with all the leaks of air that was coming in. We just wanted a warm house that was done. We had been trying to fix this place for years.
So on to my story..tax season came, we put that money away. It was only half of what we needed for that place. It had been sitting on the market for 2 years. Then all of a sudden I saw God move…MIGHTY. First I got affirmation at church through a sermon that this was what I was suppose to be doing.. Gardening, farming, helping people, living off the land, being a good steward, caring for his creation. Then…the money..we had half the amount. Then his dad asked to rent our home and offered to pay us a downpayment. I remembered we had taken a credit builder loan out with our bank and we only had one more payment and that would give us more towards the house. So I asked a good friend to borrow the last little amount we needed. She said yes and so we were on our way!
We still had this little problem..the amount they wanted for the house..um..yeah no way could we afford a house payment that high. The last thing I want is to get so far in debt we lose the house because my hubby gets sick and we cant make a payment. We decided how high we could offer and honestly it was 15,000 lower then what they were asking. So we started the bid LOW and they came down a whoppin $2,000. So we uped ours 10,000. Again they came down $2,000. My husband was getting frustrated. I had already bought this home we are in now and know that these things can drag out. I tried to encourage him and we put in another bid..5000 higher…then they came down another 2000. Sigh..really!! My husband was done. He said this is our last offer and he put it out there. It was up another 5,000 but they would have to come down 9,000 to match us. What were the odds? not good.
So we prayed more. Told others to keep praying.. if it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be right? I mean in one month we managed to secure all the money to put down 5% on this house after waiting two years..God can work another miracle right?? I had doubts..9,000 was a lot to ask from Mr and Mrs $2,000 lol. So we waited because it was Sunday and we were suppose to know Monday. Then it happened. A text from our Realtor at 8:30 pm stating they came down to our price!! They asked that we pay all closing costs but we were honestly in shock! Out of nowhere they agree? um ok…go God!
So after waiting two years for things to happen and nothing going on, we managed to not only secure all the money we needed for a down payment, but my parents loaned us the closing costs, and they came down the 15,000 we needed them too on a property that was worth 10,000 more than they were asking in the first place! When God’s timing is right, its right. When God wants to move..he will move. Are we scared? Yes. The payment is still very large and I hate debt. It will require me to go to work part time just to keep us afloat until God can help me learn more and bring more people into my life to buy our goods. My husband is freakin out now that reality has set in and he realizes how little money we will have, but God got us this far and I doubt he has brought us this far, this fast, only to let us fail and lose it all. He has a plan and I am moving with him as he moves forward. I am so excited yet scared to death at all the new changes that will be happening this year. I will share pictures with you once we close at the end of March. Finally..my dream farm!