This page is a list of reasons why I homeschool my children. I have made a few separate pages to tell you the stories of each of my children and how I came to decide to homeschool them plus our adventure in an online public school. They are a long read. Beware!
My oldest child has ADHD. My youngest child has Dyslexia. Here are the reasons why I homeschool.
- I was able to control my oldest child’s diet, therefore eliminating all ADHD medication.
- I was able to bring my youngest child up from a 1st grade reading level to a 3rd grade reading level in 6 months.
- My children have become closer to each other. They still fight, but they seem to care more about each other.
- I can now have Bible as a subject in school and weave God throughout the subjects.
- My kids respect me more. They listen when I talk, they don’t just roll their eyes and walk away. ok well sometimes 🙂
- My kids attitudes about school have changed. They still don’t like school but they dont hate it and throw fits everyday because we do it.
- I like hanging out with my kids. We can do fun stuff when we want to and aren’t bound by a classroom.
- My kids ask if we can learn about stuff and guess what? WE CAN!
- Sleep in Days and Pajama Days!! Any homeschool mom knows what I am talking about.
- My state requires 180 days for a school year. We don’t need to stop because of fog or snow delays. We can take a day or three if we are sick and we don’t get behind. It allows us to get done with an earlier calendar year for our school and then actually have a summer to play, have fun, and learn life skills.
I’m sure there are more and as I think of some I will add them in.