It is really easy to get caught up in life. Even more so if you have kids. Sometimes you might feel like this:
I have tried really hard in my life to not be too busy. I am very productive, but I am never busy. I have things that keep me going all day long. Sometimes I choose to do them and sometimes I choose not to. I have days like I’ve previously posted where I was doing 5 things that day and it takes up my whole day. I’ve had things take all weekend to get done. Here is a small list I’ve compiled to show what “too busy” means to me.
You’re too busy if:
- You forget to eat. – We all do it sometimes, but when you’re productive you take the time to eat. It fits in your day. When you’re busy, you are too concerned with what you have to do constantly and pretty soon the day has gone by and you haven’t eaten.
- You don’t see all your kids at one time. – Some of you laugh, but Johnny has soccer practice before school even starts so he’s already left. Suzy caught a ride with Dad because you couldn’t take her due to the fact that you are taking Mary to a doctors appointment. After school Johnny has baseball practice, Suzy has piano, and Mary has swim. Then later that night Mary has play practice, and you are going to rip your hair out because your husband had to work late and Johnny and Suzy have to be at two different places at the same time! Oops you forgot to get dinner….
- You cannot make most of your meals at home.- This is becoming harder and harder for families to do. Both parents work, one works late to help get overtime, the other is running the kids to this place and that. There just isn’t time for dinner…Fast food here we come!
- You don’t have time for friends.- You haven’t seen your best friend in a year. You used to hang out all the time. You both have families and now you’d love to get together but there just isn’t time. You’ve tried for 3 months to find a date to get together but you don’t see a day open for at least another month.
- You are exhausted. -You stay up well into the night because you were so busy running all day that you didn’t get anything done at home. The laundry is piling up, the trash needs to be taken out, the dishes need to be done…before you know it, it is midnight and you have to get up at 5 am. You wake feeling like you didn’t sleep a wink and muddle through yet another LONG day.
- You hate your life.- For some of you that is true. You hate getting up because you know the day will be so long with things to do… Things you wish you didn’t have to do. Things that make a long continuous list of to do’s. Things that make you want to run away to a tropical island somewhere!
- You cannot help others. – Your friend called. She is sick. She never calls you unless she absolutely needs something. You know her well. She says she needs you to help with something because she can’t even get off the couch at this point. Your answer is “I’m sorry, but I’m really busy this week….is there someone else you can call?”
This is just a short list..but I have tried hard to not let it be me or my family. There is NOTHING more important than you and your family. Not work, not places, not things, not money..nothing.
If you are so busy that you can’t get a good nights sleep, how will you be years from now?? It will take a toll on you. How good are you to your family? To your employer? Take care of yourself and get at least 7-8 hours of sleep. Make it a priority!
If you are so busy you are forgetting to eat, how will that affect you internally. You need nourishment to keep going!
Fast food is not nourishment. It is chemical laced, preservative loaded, calorie infused junk. You need fruits, veggies, whole grains…a big mac does not cover this and again..it isn’t kind to your body to be eating it.
God gave you your children for a reason. One day they will be gone living lives of their own. You need to form them into the people they should be or the world will form them into what it wants. If you never see your kids because they are here and there and everywhere, how will you talk to them about life? You need to build relationships with them so that they come to you when they have a problem, no matter how old. You need to sit down as a family and plug into one another. Lose baseball one year, take a break from swim..it’s ok! The world will not end, and others will envy you for not putting your family up for sale for a sport.
Friends are the best thing to have next to family. Friends build you up, encourage you, sustain you when life gets difficult. They are there for you when family is annoying, when they don’t understand. They listen, they know you…. you need them. If you never have time to hang out and keep in touch..soon there are no friends to call on when you need something. There are not friends to call when you finally get a break from your busy schedule to talk about your life.
You should never hate your life. If you have close family, friends to talk to, and enough time to have fun, then life is worth living.
Bills will always be there. Work will always be there. There will always be things to buy with money. If you lost everything you had..your job, your money, your house, your car, all your possessions…what would be left?? Family, friends, and your health. Please don’t let “Busy” take that from you.
Happy Homesteading!! 😀